[AccessD] Getting Access Back On Top

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Sep 8 11:36:18 CDT 2010

Dear List:

I have written a routine for a client to transfer their contact information
from their database to a folder in Outlook.  The first I do is pop up the
folder selector so that they can select the contact folder that they want to
transfer their contacts into.  However, when the folder selector dialog box
pops up, Outlook is has the focus.  After they select the folder, Outlook is
still on top and they have to alt-Tab to get back to Access.  Is there a way
in Access to get the access app back on top?

Second problem is that I delete all of the contacts in the target folder
before the transfer using:

    ' delete all the current contacts
    For Each olContactItem In olFolder.Items
        olContactItem.Delete
    Next

where:

Dim olContactItem As outlook.ContactItem
Dim olFolder As outlook.MAPIFolder

The loop takes a while to run but after it's done the contacts are still in
the folder.  Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong here?

MMTIA,

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software

858-259-4334