[AccessD] Deleting Outlook Contacts

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Sep 9 10:25:07 CDT 2010

Dear List:

Still struggling with deleting the Outlook contacts.  I found that looping
through the items and deleting them deleted half so if I started with 1000
contacts at the end of the loop I had 500 left.  If I sent the program back
through the loop I ended up with 250.  etc.

So iterating that loop until the Count = 0 works but it's kludgey.  Why does
it leave half of the contacts behind each time?

Here's the code:

    ' delete all the current contacts
    Set olContacts = olFolder.Items
DeleteAgain:
    Me.txtProcessing = "Deleting..." & olContacts.Count
    Me.Repaint
    For Each olContactItem In olContacts
        'MsgBox olContactItem.LastName & ", " & olContactItem.FirstName & "
- " & olContacts.Count
        olContactItem.Delete
        DoEvents
    Next
    Set olContacts = olFolder.Items
    If olContacts.Count <> 0 Then GoTo DeleteAgain:

Me.txtProcessing displays the number of contacts each time through the big
loop.  So that's how I know it's only deleting 1/2 each time. When I
uncomment the MsgBox line inside the loop, it shows the count going to zero
each time the loop executes.  But after the loop finishes, there's still 1/2
the contacts left.  refreshing the count by Set olContacts = olFolder.Items
gives the right count again.

Any idea what the heck is going on here?

MTIA

Rocky