[AccessD] Automating web page entry (was: Scroll button)

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Sep 10 06:32:46 CDT 2010

Yes, but I need the program to do stuff in access.  While I can appreciate using scripting
languages, there is something to be said for using the language built in to Access.

The user enters sets of data records, basically all services supplied to a specific child by a
specific therapist during a week.  After entering the last record for that child, the user clicks a
button on the web page and the web page returns a "status" for all of the records entered, which I
then have the user capture and insert back into a control on the form and more code runs in the form
to parse that information and writes back into all of the records entered for that child.

It is a sucky system (yes, stupidity irritates me, particularly when I have to program around it).

For the purposes of the discussion here though, we have a perfectly good language called VBA to use
to write our applications.  To do this little piece in VBA, then call out to AutoIt to do this
little piece, then run more VBA then call autoit, then run VBA...

C'mon.

VBA can automate IE, I know that because I have done that.  How about we discuss VBA automation of
IE and how a single solution in the language behind Access might solve the problem?