[AccessD] Using ADO and Windows 7 SP1? Be careful!

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Apr 9 03:54:55 CDT 2011

Hi Bill et al

There is a lengthy discussion on this here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues/thread/3a4ce946-effa-4f77-98a6-34f11c6b5a13

However, it doesn't add much as the essentials seem to be updated in the KB article posted below by Doug.

/gustav

>>> bill_patten at embarqmail.com 31-03-2011 20:27 >>>
I am having similar problems with 2 clients. I just moved an ADP Access 2003
from my development machine (Win7 64 SP1 ) to an XP machine, decompiled it,
set the reference to activex 2.6 from 2.7 recompiled,  repair and compacted
and shipped it. It now works on one machine that it did not work on. They
will let me know later about the other machines as people start to use the
application.

What is really strange it always worked on some of their machines and we
were not able to find any differences in versions or references.

The second client is running it on Windows Server 2003. I have access to it
using LogMeIn so will experiment tonight to see if changing the active x
reference, or decompile compile on an XP machine or both fixes it.

Many other people seem to be removing SP 1 from their development machines,
but I'd rather not go backwards, course I've been known to cut off my nose
to spite my face.
If I learn anything new tonight I'll let you all know.

Bill