[AccessD] Pivot Tables

Tony Septav iggy at nanaimo.ark.com
Sat Apr 2 11:55:30 CDT 2011

Hey All
This is incredible if it wasn't so sad. Been fooling around with the
Pivot Tables in Access 2003.
I had originally installed the OCW11.dll for Access 2003 in the
reference library.
Finally found Microsoft's "Programming Pivot Table Reports in Access
2002."  All the goodies for programmatically controlling the Pivot Table
with Access VBA. Spent the last couple of hours trying their examples.
Some worked fine,  with others  part of it would work other parts
wouldn't and with some the examples it just crashed (type mismatch, this
property can't be used with this object  etc. etc. etc.). Farted around
trying to figure out what it was I was doing wrong. Finally the "DUH"
light went on, I noticed the Dim Pivot Table properties were preceded
with OWC10, eg. Pt as OCW10.PivotTable I had changed these to OCW11. I
switched to the OCW10.dll for Access 2002 and changed the OCW11 back to
OCW10, and low and behold eveything worked beautifully.  Who in they
right mind would provide something like this to the developer, without a
warning, I am baffled. The time I have wasted over the last couple of
days I could have by now designed my own pseudo pivot table.
Hey Zeus!!!!