[AccessD] [dba-Tech] Windows 8, Metro and modern UI

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 5 12:47:38 CDT 2011

Hi Gustav:

The new designs looks (more like sounds) really interesting. I like that
they are going more towards a flat and clean design with an emphasis on
transitions. The only issues, especially if you are working with web based
applications is the font options.

There is only so much you can do with half dozen standard internal fonts you
will find on every computer/browser as even the most fancy CSS has it
limitations...and just downloading font images is not the answer if you
application is going international.

I have been working with this coding to allow a wider range of fonts to be
deployed but there has to be a judicious trade off in performance and there
is a limited set of size options.

http://www.960development.com/how-to-write-cross-browser-font-face-syntax/

Jim