[AccessD] New Language

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 11 14:58:10 CDT 2011

My daughters have all grown up with computers. From childhood, their rooms
have been wired for computers...coax cable and all. My oldest daughter
learned to type on the keyboard before she could talk. She would sit in my
lap and enter the keys as I called them out. She could start up the
Commodore 64 and load games from memory.

My youngest daughter made her first web site when she was ten, a Sailor-moon
site. ;-) At that time she used notepad to build her site and she knew more
about web sites and HTML coding than I did.

Today, both my daughters are married or in a long term relationship with
programmers (both with a least one degree in computer science) and they all
work in the business; one in computer graphic designer (and fashion design)
and two in animation and one as an application developer but if pushed the
girls are both pretty good programmers (At the age of 15 my oldest daughter
was short-listed in a job competition and the company sent her their whole
software line as a consolation...It was Blizzard software with Warcraft
etc.)

The one I feel sorry for is my wife Maria who totally non-computer literate
and has to listen to rest of the family talk shop and coding etc. at ever
family gathering.

I really hope your wife likes computers. ;-)

Jim