[AccessD] First real stumble with using VB.Net over VB

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Apr 14 07:47:23 CDT 2011

LOL.

 > That's why Drew will right-click the field, select Refactor, Encapsulate Field .., and get done
with it.

Whatever.  Why doesn't he do that to start with?  Class public fields exist for a reason.

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2006/08/properties-vs-public-variables.html

Read down through the comments.  Like everything else programming, there are very opinionated people
on both sides of the isle.  But notice that *referencing* code breakage is very real.

Kind of like natural vs surrogate keys, you can get away with either... until you can't! And when
you can't you have created problems for yourself that you never would have had had you just "done it
right" to start with.