[AccessD] OpenArggggggghhhhhhsssss

William Benson (VBACreations.Com) vbacreations at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 11:32:11 CDT 2011

I am sending a nonempty string to openargs but when the form is closing I
call a subprocedure on the form which is closing -- and when that procedure
refers to OpenArgs, it is frequently null for reasons which I cannot
understand....? So I tried assigning the openargs to a module level string
variable instead, on _Load. I saw that the OpenArgs was null in that
assignment statement, throwing an error. So I checked the call stack, went
to the line of code which was opening the form, and saw that it was fine -
the strOpenArgs variable I was passing as the value for the OpenArgs
argument was a populated string. Anyone seen this?

My workaround is to give up on OpenArgs and resort to a global string
variable.

Thanks