[AccessD] Access 2007 - The story so far.

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Aug 17 08:26:48 CDT 2011

And the real answer is (probably) -

Access modules consist of what you see and what you don't see.  Kind of like Word documents except
that there is no "show codes" for access editor.  I have seen exactly what you are discussing, and
it has nothing to do with the error handler per se, it can occur on any line of code.  I was tracing
a page fault one time, stepping through code until the offending line caused the page fault.
Perfectly valid code.  I ended up cutting the line out and pasting it back in and the problem was
gone.

So there is some "invisible stuff" going on with the editor.  cutting the offending "whatever" out
causes that offending stuff to be corrected and you are back in business.

BTW this is not 2007 specific, I was getting this back in 2K.  I doubt it has ever been fixed.  The
dev team had too many pretty tool bars to work on to fix real bugs.