[AccessD] freelancing job sites

William Benson vbacreations at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 07:22:08 CDT 2011

I will say this once and ask for forgiveness in advance for getting a little
preachy. But I think this kind of perspective is getting left out and needs
representation. If you're offended no offense is meant... just stop reading,
thanks.

There are a variety of styles that befit circumstance, personality, stage of
life, luck?/timing?, and... dare I say it publicly... the will of God. Ok
you may think the latter has nothing to do with this thread but I feel it
does. Everyone makes choices

...based on inputs/signals they get from life and past reinforcement
...compelled by surroundings, others' attitudes, or competiton to make
...driven by psych makeup to make--some concrete is just plain set
...some higher power may be insisting they make for reasons unknown to us.

Take my relationship with a company I like to call multi-glom.

As much as have quit them thrice and they have let me go once and I have
switched divisions now for 3rd time, I end up doing work for different
people there, under new circumstances. I have been a temp thru a temp
agency, an onsite contractor through a software developer, an employee, a
contractor thru their contracting arm, an employee again, quit then became a
freelance consultant to a different division, hired as a contractor thru
their contracting arm in a different division, let go and became a freelance
consultant again to yet another. My reputation for good or ill always
precedes me. But I keep ending up at multi-glom again. And if you're getting
bored now I understand but hear me out please here comes the kicker... I
swore I would never work for multiglom after that FIRST TEMP JOB WHICH
LASTED ONE WEEK. So forgive me if I feel it is the higher power I alluded to
that is really calling the shots.

My point is just that all guidelines are "give it your best shot" things.
But who is REALLY in control ... and can it be proved anyway? No one should
be (though many inevitably are) so devoid of humility as to challenge the
style choices Susan has laid out as her MO. Nor should Susan assume that
someone operating differently or experiencing life differently is not
justified.

The majority of the western civilization takes itself and its decision
structure so darned seriously while some pretty major themes of life quietly
elude them.