[AccessD] User interface

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 11:45:28 CDT 2011

Working in .Net taught me to always have multiple ways of getting there,
menus, buttons and shortcuts/context menus.  That's the way I used to design
Access apps too whenever possible.  I actually had toolbar subforms that I
dropped on other forms in the header or footer to provide the standard
buttons or menus I frequently used.  That worked well, particularly when
using modal forms that didn't allow users to get to base menus, and I used
modal forms a lot to keep the users on the reservation.  For younger users,
especially, "user training" isn't something they want to put a lot of effort
into.  They figure they should just be able to click here and there and make
it do what they want.  Thank you Apple and Microsoft for promoting that
mentality!

Charlotte Foust