[AccessD] User Interface

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Mon Aug 29 18:50:12 CDT 2011

Yeah, that is good advice,  How often is it the last though...  I was lucky
in my last role as my boss was very big on the UI looking and working
beautifully and he really understood the value in getting it right.  Lead to
some entertaining meeting with the other developer though as he didn't worry
too much about the look and feel and felt it was a waste of time ;)

Too often the UI is just tacked on top of the geeky stuff, and frankly the
end users don't care about the nuts and bolts under the hood, or the
limitations of data and software. I guess it is a bit like many of us don't
care about how our cars work etc, so long as they look good and perform in a
predictable manner we are ok.