[AccessD] Windows 8

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 13:00:51 CST 2011

Assuming the availability of a big backup disk (very cheap now, 1TB for
less than $100), then I'd opt for DriveImaging the Win 7 boot disk and then
replacing the OS with Linux Mint 12 or Ubuntu 11.10, and after that
mounging XP and/or Win7 as VMs inside Oracle VirtualBox. In fact that is
precisely my plan to execute over the Christmas holidays. I'm still
teaching myself C#, with the help of several books, and that's one VM;
another is dedicated to my sole remaining Access+Word+Excel=Office
Automation client, and there's an Ubuntu VM too. I don't run them all at
once, of course; just when I need to or want to.

BTW, I think that Mint 12 is pretty slick!
A.