[AccessD] Windows 8

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Thu Dec 1 13:32:27 CST 2011

That's not strictly true. There is a popular alternative firmware of android (or "distro", I suppose you could call it) called cyanogenmod (http://www.cyanogenmod.com/). It should be fairly trivial on many android phones (or most?) to install this alternative, clean firmware and it frees your phone from vendor specific nastiness (funny how android vendors are following the same path as the pc world with HP style software bundling) plus throws in a bunch of nice features on top of that.

The only problem is that it is still only using gingerbread. They are working on an icecream sandwich version now tho.

I hear a lot of android users raving on about it, so it seems to have a popular support, and it's free & open source.

There's a list of devices that it supports on its wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyanogenMod

Happy jail breaking.

Best regards,
Hans-Christian Andersen