[AccessD] [dba-SQLServer] Users in SQL Server

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Mon Dec 5 18:10:08 CST 2011

I think the one upside of Kindle over a tablet is probably the battery life.  Personally I like a good ol' fashioned book.  I love the way I can read it on the beach and never have to worry about battery issues, screen resolution, reflection or it getting too much salt and sand in the cracks.  I like the tactile book thing too.  The feel of the paper, the smell, the way you can get an idea of where you are in the story visually, and it make an excellent shade over your eyes when you want to have nap - try doing that with your tablet ;)

The can see some upside to kindle and their ilk such as:

1: Environmental (less paper, less supply chain costs, less printing issues, less waste etc)
2: Speed of delivery (usually a lot faster than even FedEx)
3: Weight (books are heavy if you need to carry a lot of them)
4: Searchable: Much faster to search and reference

But I still much prefer a decent paper book over them.   Must be getting old ;)

Just my thoughts
Darryl.