[AccessD] .SendObject when Outlook is not present

Benson, William (GE Global Research, consultant) Benson at ge.com
Mon Dec 5 22:08:44 CST 2011

I have a client who feels he will have contractors who will have Access
2010 but (unbelievably) not Outlook on their PCs. So he wanted me to
remove any references to Outlook. Well, thing is, I did not have a
reference to outlook, I had Access sending some tables through
.SendObject, and also I in another situation use Excel's library to
attach and mail a file. I can get both applications to run these steps
with no DLL reference to Outlook, however without taking Outlook itself
off my machine, I cannot really be sure what would happen if the Excel
or Access applications tried these steps with no Outlook. Anyone know?
Will those applications still call some default e-mail client? Will they
just throw off an error? Not process the command?

Pls help me know what to expect, if possible, thanks.