[AccessD] I should be able to do this - resolved

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Wed Dec 7 16:49:07 CST 2011

" and in my heart of hearts I did know it."

Heh... You know Tina, over the years I have had many of these moments, and in every instance it has come back to bite me.  And the longer you leave it, the greater the pain.  These days when I get that feeling, I make sure I fix the problem immediately - even if it seems like a lot of unnecessary work.  I guess the golden rule is nothing should be fixed and everything can (and probably will) change.

I have a great example of "months in the year"  Sure, everyone knows they should be 12, but I had one year, in one company where they had to make it 11 months in a year instead  - they need to do this as the company had been purchased by another company who used a different report cycle.  To get the cycles aligned they had to effective drop a month.  In short,  everyone who had stuff hardcoded regarding months and periods etc had a lot of work to do...  A good example of something that will never ever change, changing.

Cheers
Darryl.