[AccessD] Advice on A2010....

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 17:43:22 CST 2011

Each time you open a subform or bound listbox/dropdown, you use up system
resources - it doesn't matter how big the underlying tables are.  In Access
2003 if I remember correctly, the total number of open recordsets (or
connections?) is something like 256.  I once built a cafeteria recipe/menu
building screen which had 31 subforms, and each subform had multiple
dropdowns in it to select the recipes used.  I was so proud of it until I
discovered that it wouldn't run!  I had to change it from a monthly to a
weekly screen before it would work.

Doug