[AccessD] How do I find ~TMPxyz connections?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Dec 13 15:58:39 CST 2011

I am iterating my connections in tabledefs and I have three connections with ~TMP as the leading
part of the name.  They point to a SQL server Express database that physically does not exist any
more.  I have discovered that these links to old stuff cause massive slowing opening real linked
tables so I need to find and delete these links, but I am at a loss to discover how.

~TMPCLP184931: ODBC;Description=Ullico Elig;DRIVER=SQL
Server;SERVER=DISCOSRVR\SQLEXPRESS;UID=DiscoApp;APP=Microsoft®
Access;WSID=DISABILITYINS89;DATABASE=DISCO_UllicoEligibility;Network=DBMSSOCN
~TMPCLP280711: ODBC;Description=Ullico Elig;DRIVER=SQL
Server;SERVER=DISCOSRVR\SQLEXPRESS;UID=DiscoApp;APP=Microsoft®
Access;WSID=DISABILITYINS89;DATABASE=DISCO_UllicoEligibility;Network=DBMSSOCN
~TMPCLP288731: ODBC;Description=Ullico Elig;DRIVER=SQL
Server;SERVER=DISCOSRVR\SQLEXPRESS;UID=DiscoApp;APP=Microsoft®
Access;WSID=DISABILITYINS89;DATABASE=DISCO_UllicoEligibility;Network=DBMSSOCN
~TMPCLP373521: ODBC;Description=Ullico Elig;DRIVER=SQL
Server;SERVER=DISCOSRVR\SQLEXPRESS;UID=DiscoApp;APP=Microsoft®
Access;WSID=DISABILITYINS89;DATABASE=DISCO_UllicoEligibility;Network=DBMSSOCN
~TMPCLP457481: ODBC;Description=Ullico Elig;DRIVER=SQL
Server;SERVER=DISCOSRVR\SQLEXPRESS;UID=DiscoApp;APP=Microsoft®

Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it