[AccessD] Using MS Access to read the Windows Index

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Wed Dec 21 12:46:23 CST 2011

I don't think it's possible Gus. I don't even think MSFT added an API to
read the index.
Indeed, they made changes to this in Windows 7.
I only saw this in Technet:
The index files have the following protection by default:
    Access Control Lists (ACLs) that only allow the BUILTIN\Administrators
and NT Authority\System users access to the index.
    Index files are lightly obfuscated.