[AccessD] Migrate to SQL Server

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Dec 23 15:04:31 CST 2011

Hi John at all --

> The SQL Server migration tool seems to have disappeared.
It didn't.

I have just used MS Access 2010 and its Database Tools -> SQL Server feature to get upsized my customer model MS Access database into MS SQL Server 2008 R2 database.
All worked flawlessly:

- autonumbers went upsized into identity fields,
- relationships - into DRI (option to be selected in upsizing setup dialog),

Here is screenshot of relationships diagrams, the one for MS SQL was built  and arranged automatically after I have added all the tables to a new empty MS SQL Database Diagram:

http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/stest/fm.png

Thank you.

-- Shamil