[AccessD] Force Closing the FE

Jennifer Gross jengross at gte.net
Mon Feb 14 11:58:29 CST 2011

Hi Everyone,

I have a distributed FE linked to a common BE, with no control over force
closing the FE from a network perspective.  Is there a way to put a timer on
the FE so that if it stands idle for an hour or so, or if a certain time
passes, say 7 PM or midnight, that the FE will Exit?  That way I can be
reasonably assured that all FE are closed and the lock on the BE will be
released for maintenance.

I have always had some sort of network control over getting into a user's
workstation once the culprit has been identified and closing down the FE, so
I've never been faced with this issue.  Am wondering how you all handle it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jennifer Gross