[AccessD] OT: Access and SQL server

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 11:22:13 CST 2011

> That is why I am asking the list, I value their expert opinions.  Rather
> than relying on someone who is either having a good or bad day.  Also I
> don't want to be spending $50 or $60 on the wrong book.
> Susan and Martin I think I have heard those names before, they sound
> familiar.
> Just kidding.

========I don't think either one of us spend as much time here as we use to!
;) The book that Martin and I wrote is my best one -- I am very proud of it.
The SQL sections are timeless -- not much is going to change there. A lot of
the upsizing and using information is going to be different of course. It
just depends on why you need the book -- if you need a SQL companion and
comparison for Jet and T-SQL, it's a good choice. Martin can chime in if he
sees this. I haven't done anything with Access 2007/1010 to SQL Server 8,
but I would assume that the general process/preparations is still very
similar, even though, the actual step-by-step instructions aren't going to
be the same. We wrote that book in 2001!

Susan H.