[AccessD] CDO

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Sat Feb 12 14:27:21 CST 2011

One of the issues I've run into using third party email apps/activex/dll in
one Microsoft (government) network is that the security staff install spam
blockers and such that do not allow anything to access the smtp server. They
basically broke my application that had been installed there for 10 years
and refused to adapt their security to allow it to work. Ignorance makes for
paranoia and there's no getting around ignorant security staff. They are
like gods to the unwitting administrative staff that have to make the final
decisions. So I was basically forced into recoding an old iron horse app to
utilize Outlook/Exchange and the user just has to click the irritating
"allow for one hour" prompt when the first email is sent. It is no big deal
to them just an item that needs to be explained.