[AccessD] (Don't) Force Closing the FE

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Feb 15 03:57:46 CST 2011

Hi Robert

You are most likely right. I had to give up on this after some bad experiences with "lost" data - an issue that never had happened before of "no apparent reason" and never happened again after the automatic shutdown was removed.

/gustav

>>> robert at servicexp.com 15-02-2011 01:41 >>>
Gustav,
 Even using a complete class solution doesn't work inside of access, because
to my knowledge, any code you start in Access, will run in the same thread
as Access. Which I believe is the root of the problem.

The only solution that I have found that works 100%, without a timer, is
creating a network "Communication System" inside your program.  This of
course is not automatic, and requires opening an internal comm. port on the
network to each of the PC's.

WBR
Robert