[AccessD] Further to "can's see SQL Server database...

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Jan 7 23:06:11 CST 2011

I went back in with MSE and looked at that server.  While I can see the databases of interest, if I
click on them and try to see the tables inside, I get an error "the database DISCO is not available"
and the plus symbol in front of the database disappears.

So I can see that the db exists but not actually access it (from my workstation).

I can see and open the database from MSE on the server itself.

Is this an ownership / rights kind of issue?  I am not getting an actual error number from my
workstation, just an "not available" generic kind of message.

If it is ownership / rights, how do I go about discovering how to fix it?