[AccessD] Access 2K to SQL Server

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Jan 24 14:50:38 CST 2011

One of my clients is mired in Access 2K.  He is linking to views in SQL Server but these are fixed
views that at this point are pulling hundreds of thousands of records when he really only needs the
last X days, or for Claim X etc.

How can I create a view (or stored procedure) out in SQL Server that accepts a parameter such as a
date or a claim ID and allow sql server to perfrom the filter and return a small result set.

REMEMBER this is A2K.  It is my understanding that A2K does not allow some of the fancy stuff that
later versions of Access allows - like binding a form to an ADO recordset and having it be R/W.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.