[AccessD] Moving to .Net (was Ded Moroz sends you ...)

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Mon Jan 3 08:03:33 CST 2011

The only thing that I worry about with dot-net: VERBOSITY.
It reminds me of COBOL in some ways (back to the future !).
Great languages are CLEAR, CONCISE and ELEGANT in their use of statements
and references. I always felt that was the case with VBA.

But I guess the great Visual Studio IDE takes care of that problem.
Think about this: Can you imagine knocking out a dot-net application in
Notepad ?

As you can see, the IDE has become PRIMO in terms of importance as far as
developer productivity.