[AccessD] Ded Moroz sends you links on sample projects... :)

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Mon Jan 3 09:08:06 CST 2011

<<<
2 man years later: STILL NOT FINISHED.
Cost of the project: DOUBLE what I
had estimated.

That could have been partially that customer problem if they often change
their requirements/specs on the go.

<<<
They had lost their 3rd party control licenses and
therefore nothing could be done with the existing vb source code (does that
sound familiar ?).

Do you mean VB.NET?
I, personally, do not use third-party controls for .NET development - I have
a had a couple projects where GUI with Infragistics controls was rewritten
using native WinForms controls...

<<<
2 man years later: STILL NOT FINISHED. Cost of the project: DOUBLE what I
had estimated.

Usual story for MS Access/VBA/VB6 but not for .NET development...

Thank you.

--
Shamil