[AccessD] Moving to .Net (was Ded Moroz sends you ...)

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Mon Jan 3 09:27:04 CST 2011

VB definitely not meant for OO programming.
The table initialization alone was a lot of VB code. Yet how often is a
static table like that used in an application ?
Still, the predominance of the VB code shown was Implements, Options,
Private, Public.
Also, interestingly, "they" implemented a public DebugPrint procedure, but
didn't really us it.
Public Sub DebugPrint(ByVal vstrMsg As String, Optional ByVal vfNocr As
Boolean = False)
    If vfNocr Then
        Debug.Print vstrMsg & ";"
    Else
        Debug.Print vstrMsg
    End If
End Sub
Private Sub Class_Terminate()
    Debug.Print "Roman terminated"
End Sub

Then one might ask, why is the Terminate even needed here ?

I think someone developed this study with an agenda in mind.