[AccessD] Across across the internet

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Jan 8 15:45:08 CST 2011

Thanks Stewart.

I need to set up a small system to run a small db for a couple of clients, with an Access 2007 FE
until I can build out a C# FE.  I am much faster in Access (2003 and below) but don't want to
support it any more.  However *IF* I can get a 2007 run time happening then I could install that on
the client app and access a small server at my office, again just temporary.  I have "been going to"
build a dev virtual machine so this will be it.  VS 2008, SQL Server Express 2008 and Office 2003 /
2007.

I have just set up a VM to run on one of my servers and am installing all the software now.  I am
trying to figure out how to secure it as much as possible.  I installed Hamachi and created a new
network for it.

Since I have full control I can do whatever I can figure out to secure it.