[AccessD] Lightswitch (was: Old Dog NewTricks)

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at iag.com.au
Wed Jan 12 21:59:44 CST 2011

Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom of this message.

Hi Michael,

How is it going with Lightswitch?  I downloaded and played around with the beta a few months back.  Wifey put an end to my evenings of loafing around on the computer by popping out Baby V2.0 in october.  Haven't really done much since then :-/

Some of it I really liked, but I just started out with the user forms which seemed a lot different to Access.  The Access form wizard is a great tool for getting the base of a form up and running quickly.  I usually copy and unbound all the controls onto a new form, but the fact the wizard can dump them all on a new form all at once is much better than adding them one at a time.

In the meantime I am still trying to learn ASP.net in C#...  I have the motivation, but no darn time to sink my teeth into it.  Looking for a job that is heading in that direction so I can get paid to learn it all.  Also there is nothing like a looming deadline on a real project to motivate me into learning how it all works. ;)

be interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers
Darryl.