[AccessD] Is it possible to update VBA code with VBA?

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Fri Jan 14 08:10:11 CST 2011

Hi Mark,

At one time I did use Tony's AutoUpdater, but at one customer it didn't work
and I couldn't figure out why.  So I made my own AutoUpdater and now use
that at each customer.  Interestingly, I've needed to modify it for each
customer due to each of their 'uniqueness' attibutes!  ;-)

I used to use the FE.mdb's LastModifiedDate as the decision parameter to see
if a file should be updated.  But occasionally the user's FE.mdb
LastModifiedDate would be updated automatically on the client PC, and then
they wouldn't get the updated files from the server.  So I came up with the
frmLatestUpdate and tblLatestUpdate method to have a more certain decision
parameter.

Thanks!
Dan