[AccessD] Access 2007 runtime

Boyd Trimmell accesscoach at hitechcoach.com
Sat Jan 15 14:02:14 CST 2011

John,

For my own applications I do  almost 100% of the front end with  the Access
Runtime. Either using the runtime version or the full version in runtime
mode (/runtime)

"User-proof" error handling is a must. Any error that is not trapped will
cause Access in  runtime mode to shut down.

Here are some links that might should be helpful:

http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/Overview-Packaging-Acces-t496338.html

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa167800%28v=office.11%29.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/aa905403.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/obtain-and-deploy-the-access-2
003-runtime-HA001120886.aspx

With 2003 you have to purchase a license to distribute the Access 2003
runtime with your database. I have not been  able to get a definite  answer
on the use of the Access 2007 runtime to run an  Access 2003 database if you
do not own a license for Access 2007.

FYI: I have found that that if you have purchase a version of Office 2003
that does not include the full version of Access that you will find on the
Office installation CD a Access runtime installer.  My understand is that if
a user has purchased the version of Office  which  includes the Access
runtime then they have a license to use the  Access runtime on the same
machine where they install Office. This does not include the license to
distribute the Access 2003 runtime.

Boyd Trimmell
aka HiTechCoach at UtterAccess.com and other support sites
Microsoft Access MVP 2010