[AccessD] Multi-user Access db on NAS

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 19 10:50:11 CST 2011

Hi Asger:

Unless the directory where the Access BE resides allows full read, write,
create and delete access it isn't going to work...also there are timing
issues (Real-time security can not/should not be run on a server...that in
particular screws up Access). I am having similar problems with a client's
SBS. It may be the way the systems IT set it up or maybe it is just the way
new servers are designed.

I believe that the Access MDB BE is dead as a database on the new systems.
Migrate to a real SQL server BE and your problems will just disappear.

Jim