[AccessD] Conditional keep together

Debbie delam at zyterra.com
Thu Jan 20 13:06:28 CST 2011

The grouping is right. I do want the whole group to stay together a
vast majority of the time. On the first page, due to the page header
and upper level group header, the whole group will not print on one
page. It does however all fit on the next page. As a result my report
header and top level group header are dangling alone on the first page.

Debbie

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 20, 2011, at 12:34 PM, Charlotte Foust
<charlotte.foust at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand quite what the problem is.  Why do you need a page
> break at all?  If you set the keep together to first detail, you
> should get a page break when you need one.  I would suspect that
> something about the grouping you're using isn't quite right.
>
> Charlotte Foust
>
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Debbie <delam at zyterra.com> wrote:
>> I started to put a conditional keep together in code on format. This
>> actually crashes Access. Only in the on open event will it work.
>>
>> I have started experimenting with adding a conditional page break.
>> I can get
>> it to work only when I want, but the records still start on page 2.
>> I just
>> get a page break in the middle of page 2 rather than moving the
>> first part
>> of the records to page 1
>>
>> Debbie
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Jan 20, 2011, at 9:21 AM, "Rocky Smolin"
>> <rockysmolin at bchacc.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is it a function of how many records there are in the group?  I
>>> wouldn't
>>> want to hard code a test for a specific data value if I could
>>> avoid it.
>>>
>>> You can, of course, set the keep together property through code,
>>> but the
>>> question is where to do it?
>>>
>>> I've never tried this but I'd experiment with the Format event of
>>> the
>>> group