[AccessD] Access 2K to SQL Server

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:23:29 CST 2011

John, it's just like modifying an existing query in Access:

'This Sets the query Def:
  Dim db As DAO.Database
  Dim qd As DAO.QueryDef
  Dim sSQL  As String

   sSQL = "EXEC dbo.stpSomeNameHere '" & Me.txtAsOfDate & "'"
   Set db = CurrentDb
   db.QueryDefs("SomeQueryName").SQL = sSQL

   Set db = Nothing

Run the query as you would (via a recordset, bound to a form...)

This is assuming of course they already have an ODBC link to the view that
we are talking about,
 which I am assuming they do since you said they are linking to views.

Just run the code above before calling the view.