[AccessD] Access 2K to SQL Server

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Jan 24 16:03:51 CST 2011

I am running into something that I have never seen before.

When I try to create a DSN back to the sql server I end up seeing the server, but when I select the
server I only see a small set of existing views, 8 or so.  there are hundreds of tables and dozens
of views but I can't see any of them.  I don't know why, or how SQL Server limits what I can see for
the DSN build process.  I am assuming that it has to do with security but this is new to me.