[AccessD] OT: My First Web Page

Ralph Bryce ralphb at cwgsy.net
Sat Jan 29 14:53:09 CST 2011

Hi Tony,

Nice clean site - but a suggestion if you want Google to index it...

Make sure your title in the header section contains the terms your
potential customers will search for.
I can tell you from experience that Google lays heavy weight on the
title of each page and checks it
against the page content. Keywords are pretty much completely ignored.

So "<title> Home </title>" will get you NO hits - it's meaningless to
Google and your customers.

No-one will search for Home and few will search for the name of your
company unless they already know it.

They will, however search for such things as "custom database
development/developer Nanaino" - think about how
*you* would search for the services/products your company offers and
include those words/phrases on EACH page
of your site.

For example, use something like "MicroCoast Solution - Developer
custom database applications, Nanaimo, BC" as a front
page title and relevant titles on your sub-pages. Note also that the
Title text will appear in the Title bar or tab in your browser.

Hope that helps - it works for us...

Regards,

Ralph Bryce