[AccessD] Access 2010 -- The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read.

Darrell Burns dhb at flsi.com
Wed Jul 20 16:04:02 CDT 2011

I just lost all of my code! I'm running 32-bit Access 2010 in 64-bit
Windows7 (Access 14.0 Object library and Office Access database engine
14.0)..the 32-bit version of Office2010.  My application was developed in
Access2007. My default file format says Access 2007 (there is no A2010
option).

I was trying to import a form from one database into another when I got a
"Microsoft Access has stopped working" message, then both databases were
hosed. I tried opening a blank database and importing a form but I get "Name
conflicts with existing module...." and it won't import. Of course, I have a
live demo in 3 hours!

Help! Is there any way of salvaging the code I had written behind my forms?
How do I prevent this from happening again?