[AccessD] Delete query... fast ... deleting from datasheet view ... slow

William Benson vbacreations at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 04:51:30 CDT 2011

I will check again but I think what got me interested in the question was
that ia manual delwte takes longer even taking into account just time AFTER
the user confirms ok to continue without Undo.

Where does Access store the temp table Gustav? In other words if you open a
monstrously large table select all records and do several faux deletes one
after another which you confirm but cancel at the "Continue without Undo?"
Prompt....does the database bloat I wonder! I will check this when I get
back to computer!_

Bill Benson
Owner
VBACreations, LLC
On Jul 4, 2011 4:12 AM, "Gustav Brock" <Gustav at cactus.dk> wrote:
> Hi William and Stuart
>
> I don't think that's the reason, but it is similar: Access walks through
the recordset (which may be filtered) and copies all records to a temp table
to hold them in case you - when asked later via the GUI - choose to undo the
operation. Only if you choose to confirm the deleting of the records, this
actually takes place.