[AccessD] Walk the DB Using ADO

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Tue Jul 5 13:45:11 CDT 2011

Sorry I don't have this code exactly as you have here.  But what you
need to do is actually all in recordsets.

You use a SCHEMA query to get the list of tables (you can get columns
this way if you want, too).  And then you use properties of the field to
get other values (like field name, value, constraints, etc).

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 12:06 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Walk the DB Using ADO

I know that I've written this code before, but due to a plethora of
backup
CDs and my habit of pruning what is not currently necessary from the
current
situation(s), I can't find the relevant code. And besides, I'm currently
semi-retired, and working in hobbyist most not billable mode.

Here's what I need, in ADO format if possible:

<pseudo vba>
For each t in CurrentDB( Tables )
    For each f in t.fields
        For each a in f.Attributes    ' could be Properties not
Attributes
            Debug.Print a.Name, a.Value
       Next
    Next
Next
</pseudo vba>

TIA,
Arthur

P.S.
For years and years and years, I have used Rick Fisher's FindAndReplace,
but
now it's failing on me due to (I think) the fact that I'm running a
64-bit
Windows, which doesn't like what he offers to install. In my retirement
mode, I cannot afford to purchase more software. Maybe I could run a
Windows
32-bit version of everything, then run F&R, then do what I need to do,
then
import the results back into 64-bit. Yuck.