[AccessD] Walk the DB Using ADO

William Benson (VBACreations.Com) vbacreations at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 14:02:23 CDT 2011

>> that I'm running a 64-bit Windows

Need that in retirement mode eh?

:-)

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 1:06 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Walk the DB Using ADO

I know that I've written this code before, but due to a plethora of backup
CDs and my habit of pruning what is not currently necessary from the current
situation(s), I can't find the relevant code. And besides, I'm currently
semi-retired, and working in hobbyist most not billable mode.

Here's what I need, in ADO format if possible:

<pseudo vba>
For each t in CurrentDB( Tables )
    For each f in t.fields
        For each a in f.Attributes    ' could be Properties not Attributes
            Debug.Print a.Name, a.Value
       Next
    Next
Next
</pseudo vba>

TIA,
Arthur

P.S.
For years and years and years, I have used Rick Fisher's FindAndReplace, but
now it's failing on me due to (I think) the fact that I'm running a 64-bit
Windows, which doesn't like what he offers to install. In my retirement
mode, I cannot afford to purchase more software. Maybe I could run a Windows
32-bit version of everything, then run F&R, then do what I need to do, then
import the results back into 64-bit. Yuck.