[AccessD] "Modern" replacement for CommonDlg

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Jul 6 08:49:38 CDT 2011

Hi Stuart

Because it is the way to do it.
You initialize the object, set some properties, call a method, bingo.
If not the right folder/file, adjust some properties, call a method, bingo.

When I discovered this logical operation many years ago (I only do very little VBA programming these days) it brought relief and good nights' sleep!
Of course, if one prefer traditional methods, no problem, I just wanted to point out that you can do it the OO way even without the OCX.

/gustav

>>> stuart at lexacorp.com.pg 06-07-2011 15:23 >>>
Geez, you're as bad as JC :-)

Why bother with writing 600 lines of code to create a class when there are simple API
functions to do it in a few lines?

--
Stuart

On 6 Jul 2011 at 15:08, Gustav Brock wrote:

> However, this screams for a class solution:
>
> http://www.karstenpries.de/

..