[AccessD] Select Distinct not working on union query - due to MEMO field?

William Benson (VBACreations.Com) vbacreations at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:43:30 CDT 2011

Hi Sue,

I don't understand what you mean, sorry - please explain deeper if possible.
Does it have anything at all to do with the Memo field? - because changing
that to TEXT cured the duplication in the DISTINCT query.

Also, do you mind commenting (or anyone...)
I am trying to write complex SQL queries in VBA, in partial steps so I can
evaluate the intermediary SQL for syntax errors. The below expression will
not work unless I remove inner parentheses. I would like to understand why
that is.

Select * from
(
     (Select * from Tbl1)