[AccessD] Access and Excel Integration - Resources?

Robert Stewart rls at WeBeDb.com
Wed Jul 13 07:49:22 CDT 2011

Everything is available to MS Access if you include the Excel library.

For actual automation, you will have to write functions in MS Access
that use the ones in Excel.

I have an application (commercial) that allows the user to define the
Excel workbook
in MS Access via a set of tables and will built the Excel workbook
dynamically based
on that definition from data in the database.

I wrote my own based on the needs of the application.

At 03:29 PM 7/12/2011, you wrote:
>Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:39:37 -0500
>From: "Brad Marks" <BradM at blackforestltd.com>
>To: "Access Developers discussion and problem solving"
>         <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
>Subject: [AccessD] Access and Excel Integration - Resources?
>
>I am doing some R&D work involving Access/Excel integration (Windows
>Automation).
>
>I just finished reading a book titled "Excel and Access Integration".
>It is a well-written book, but it does not get into a great deal of
>depth with regards to the "Automation" realm.
>
>I was wondering if there is a resource  (book or website) that covers
>this area in more depth.
>
>In a nutshell, I would like to be able to do anything that a person can
>do in "native Excel" via commands in Access 2007 which control Excel.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>Brad

Robert L. Stewart
www.WeBeDb.com