[AccessD] A2003 stops working

Bill Patten bill_patten at embarqmail.com
Tue Jul 26 19:03:26 CDT 2011

Rocky,

I had a similar problem back in 2009 when I would try to add a control to a
form, it would crash. If it maters I had the problem in 2 applications and
they were both ADP's

In my case if I exported the form to text and opened it in notepad I found a
ton of "UnknownProp(## ending in END"

If you export the subject form to text and open it up and see the
"UnknownProp items then you are experiencing the same problem I had.

I wrote a routine to remove the bad lines and all was well. I had lots of
them in the project so used a routine that exported each form to text,
opened it removed all the lines and put it back.

I always believed the problem was caused by opening it in 2007 then
reopening it in 2003. I try not to do that anymore.

HTH

Bill