[AccessD] Exporting Access to Excel - How to "SUM" a column with a variable number of rows?

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Tue Jul 26 21:33:11 CDT 2011

Mark,

Thanks,

Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com on behalf of Mark Simms
Sent: Tue 7/26/2011 7:39 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Exporting Access to Excel - How to "SUM" a column	with a variable number of rows?

Simple. Add a paramarray variant parameter to the procedure and pass it the
column numbers or column letters that should be ignored.

The only other way is to first test the column using Application.Sum.
If the result is non-zero, then it is LIKELY a numeric column.
Caveat: all zeros in a column will fail the test !

believed to be clean.