[AccessD] Article on upgrading

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Thu Jul 28 13:33:56 CDT 2011

If you are moving from Access 2007 or 2010 and are using the attachment
field type it will not upsize. I had a client who required this type of
functionality and had to create similar functionality in SQL Server. As an
aside we were having issues with the form with the attachment field being
very slow in opening and updating. After getting rid of the attachment field
and moving to a SQL server back end there was a significant increase in
responsiveness.